Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Reflections on Day 22

Not a good day.  I've really got to time the juices so I'm not hungry now that I'm back to work.  Its easy to forget to drink them while there.  The worse part of the day for me though was the bitch I became with my kids.  I took on too much (trying to put together birthday gifts, feeding the baby, trying to get stuff done around the house...) and took my frustration out on them, just with a nasty tone of voice and no patience whatsoever.  That for me sent me searching for food.  Now, I didn't cave, but it really made me reflect on exactly how much of an emotional eater I am.  I've got to remember that food is fuel; not comfort.  Dear readers: what are ways you decompress without food?  Keep in mind I've got 2 little ones I can't just leave to run to the gym.  I am going to schedule 2 nights a week to go and hubby will watch them.  But what do you do in that moment of GRRRRRRRR!!!!!!! ?

1 comment:

  1. I put myself in time out. Seriously. I close my eyes, breath as deeply as I can for as long as I can and remind myself I'm not actually angry about whatever situation I find myself in. Rather, I'm angry because I'm getting ready of all the garbage I have put in my body for so long. And, frankly, I'm angry at myself for letting it get to the point where I had to do this. Then I remind myself how much better I feel for having done this, how proud of myself I am, and how this will pass in a few days.

    That said, I also find grabbing a whiffel ball bat and beating a pillow helps too. :-)

    ReplyDelete