Saturday, August 11, 2012

Day 5 (Reflections on yesterday)

So yesterday was much easier. Forgot to finish my juice and woke up light headed. As of this am down another pound. I believe that makes it 9.4 total now. So what helped yesterday? I read a blog post by Joe Cross yesterday in which he mentioned goals. So it got me to thinking... Why am I doing this? Yes losing weight. But so much more. Not to sound cliche, but I'm doing this for my kids.
With my first child, I had gestational diabetes and swore that I'd never be like my mom, who started with gestational and later in life developed type 2. After he was born, I lost a lot (50+ lbs) of weight. A car accident sent me back to old eating habits and put the weight back on. I had started to lose again when SURPRISE! Pregnant with #2. We had our beautiful daughter in March. This time around, I have vowed that I'm going to get healthy for both of my kids and stay healthy. I want to be a role model for them and show them what it means to be fit, healthy, and active.  And unlike last time, I'm not going with the low-carb trendy diet.  This time is a change in lifestyle.  The way I think of it, juicing is retraining my taste buds to crave more natural, plant based foods.  In doing so, I'm creating a new mindset different that the one I was used to of using food as a comfort, rather than fuel.  Also, with that new mindset, my children will be able to see what it is to eat healthy to live healthy.  I'd say with that goal in mind, I will stay on track.  Oh yeah, and that I've got to come up with a physical reward for the end of the 60 days -- ideas anyone?
So, day 5 down, 55 left!

No comments:

Post a Comment