Friday, August 17, 2012

Day 12 (aka -- 20% there)

Ok, so lets start with the negative.  Made a dessert to bring tomorrow (click here for the recipe I made.. needed extra confectioners sugar to hold together though).  Was worried about if they would be ok, so I tried a lick of the filling and then tried one of the squares (mine were tiny ones and it was a corner).  Overall, it was literally a nibble.  As I read this though, I see justification.  All in all it was about a teaspoon of food, but I've learned to forgive and move on.  May not have the perfect 60 day fast, but have learned that if I let this get me down and keep me down it's all for nothing.  So had some more juice tonight and off to bed soon.
Big worry is about tomorrow.  Have a dual pizza/pool birthday party for 2 of my little cousins.  Not sure how family is going to react to me and hubby not eating.  Got some great support from the forums over at Join the Reboot and my favorite is from a user named nivluke18.  They said that I'm going to a party to be with friends and food is not a friend.  I really like that theme of moving away from food-centric events and celebrations and will have to write on that again soon.
Only down a half pound this am.  Not too inspiring.  But still riding the physical and mental high of the loss so far and how good I feel.  Juice on folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment