Thursday, September 27, 2012

Reflections on Day 52/53

Day 52 - Wednesday -- Day off with son and he gets sick -- yup -- all over my car.  Thought I was finished with this, but now it moves from daughter to son.  So stress is high, but I do ok.  Not perfect, but ok.  I should really get a tattoo on my wrist that says -- FOOD WON"T MAKE IT BETTER!  Need to find ways to squeeze in some Zumba or other stress busters on days like this...

Day 53 -- Thursday -- So now that son is feeling better, hubby is sick (think the juice is keeping whatever this nasty bug is at bay for me -- GO JUICE!).  Again stress, definitely caved and tried 2 of the egg muffins (mini-quiches) I made for son's breakfast.  Funny though -- the combo of egg and cheese not sitting so well...  Big question now is what do I do next week.... The anxiety about eating again is starting to mount.  I know my stomach has shrunk and that I won't need large quantities, but old habits die hard... Hoping that mine are cremated and buried at this point.  And for good measure, buried at sea.

1 comment:

  1. Go slowly! You can go the soup route (broth only the first 2 days) and then broth with *well cooked* veggies on Day 3. You can also start slowly adding in smoothies. Stay away from the dairy and meat for a week or two until your body feels like it is handling the actual fruits and veggies okay. Congratulations on being in your final week! That's a great achievement!

    I also found I didn't get sick whilst juicing, despite everyone around me being ill. Proof that it is good for us. :-)

    ReplyDelete