Day 38 is coming to an end as I head out to yet another meeting. Another day in the life of a working mom. Once again, these busy days make for easy juicing days. The scale went down again this morning. Today's weigh in was 165.4 pounds. The way I look at it, another 11 pounds and I'll be at a healthy BMI. At this point in the journey, that is my main goal: to be healthy. For 31 years, I lived an okay life in terms of health. But after open heart surgery, a leaky valve in my heart, and other surgeries and medical issues, I want to be sure that I lead a healthy life to be a role model for my children. A lot of people have been mentioning to me that the juicing part is the easy part. Everyone keeps bringing up how hard maintenance is. Once the weight comes off, how am i going to keep it off? I've lost weight in the past. But when struggles came along, the weight usually came back on. So my question to you tonight readers is this: how do you keep the weight off once it's off? How do you cope with the struggles that rear their ugly heads in daily life? I know that this is a lifestyle change, but let's face it. Life shows up and it's not always easy. Here's to a lasting lifestyle change and continued juicing and continued health!
*** Update @ 9PM -- Got back from the meeting and had a handful of almonds. $5 in the envelope to charity... :( Also on a related sad note, my husband has decided to end his journey. He will be eating plant based, but not juicing exclusively. So, I'll need all the support I can!
The good news is that your taste buds change whilst doing this. No longer do you crave the junk you were craving before. Instead, you crave the good stuff. Bear in mind, if you go back to eating the junk, you will start to crave it again. Hence the need for occasional shorter reboots.
ReplyDeleteGet a book called TurboCharged. It's how I am now eating. When I broke my fast and went away and didn't follow the eating programme, I put on some pounds. I've been back on my eating plan from TurboCharged and after 3 days had lost 3 of those pounds.
I keep reminding myself that I had the willpower to do a 60 day juice fast without breaking once. I therefore have the willpower to make healthy eating choices!