Saturday, September 1, 2012
Day 27
Started the day super excited -- down to 168.4! Love seeing those 160s baby! But had a lot going on today -- bday party (temptation gone!) and then errands and such. Didn't quite balance that water and juice and ended up "binge-ing" at night (1 graham cracker, some pasta and a handful of croutons). Even typing that makes me feel gross -- I know, not nearly as bad as a binge would have been prior to the juice, but feel let down that I caved again. Trying to get over the guilt and move on, but its tough. I post it here because I try to be brutally honest and dissect what is making me do it -- thinking the exhaustion and stress of the day got to me. So dear readers: what are your favorite non food ways to decompress? Think I've asked before, but I've got to catch up on my comments. Juice on folks -- almost half way there!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
So now you know some of your triggers - stress and exhaustion. Try making a bunch of juices in the morning and keeping them in your fridge. Then, when those cravings hit, instead of reaching for the crackers or pasta, reach for the juice that is already there and waiting for you.
ReplyDeleteI took some before photos to keep me motivated. Whenever I was tempted, I would look at those and remind myself why I was doing this and that I never wanted to look that way again. I want to live to see my nieces and nephews grow into adults and have kids of their own. I want to be able to run and jump and play with them.
How I decompress - I go for a long walk. I listen to some of my favourite music. I meditate. I visualize how fantastic I am going to look after keeping on this journey and staying true to my goals. Sometimes I write it all out on paper, rip it into little pieces and then burn it. It's very cathartic. Good luck!!