Wow. Reread yesterday's post an it really struck me. These are notes I should Reread each day. Ok today except for the bites of chicken when I got home from back to school night. Have a feeling my tummy ain't gonna like that one... If I'm up blogging at 3am from the can you'll know why....
The irony is as this is winding down, I'm kinda nervous about eating again. Not in an eating disorder kind of way but more about how my body will react. Will the desire to go back to the old habits be there? (I'm sure). Will my stomach rebel (will find out later.... If now is any indication it ain't gonna be good!). Has my stomach shrunk? (God I hope so!). A lot of things to think about. Want to go back with less meat, more fruits and veggies and more while grains. Still have demons to face, but I guess if there was no growth to be made, life would be pretty boring. As my high school senior quote said: "When you're green you grow; when you're ripe you rot.". Mr. O.
Yes, your stomach has shrunk! Yes, initially eating may be a bit rough on your insides. However, if you do it right and do it slowly, you will be just fine! I understand the trepidation, but just remember what you have done and how strong you are. I now eat all fruits and veggies and then a source of protein (meat, eggs, fish, etc) once every 2-3 days. It's been really good so far.
ReplyDelete