I'm on my way to my Wednesday night Zumba class. So far it's been a pretty good day. But the trend that I've been noticing is that nights continue to be the hardest time of all. My hope is that in writing this blog post early tonight, I have a big sense of accountability and won't want to let my readers down by caving into the pressures later tonight. It's bizarre to think that there's only two weeks left of this journey. I feel like I'm in a mad dash towards the end. There's so much more that I want to accomplish. Just rereading that though makes me realize that I should probably write what I want to accomplish down. I should probably set up some new goals for once I'm done with the juicing. So, in no particular order and i might add kind of spur of the moment, here are the new goals.
1. Be more appreciative. Each day, I want to try to find ways to show the important people in my life that I care for them. Make it silly, make it sweet. It doesn't matter but they need to know that I care about them and appreciate them.
2. Write it down and measure it out. I want to write down what it is that I'm eating and I also want to be very mindful of portion size and portion control. This is something that I need to do not only for myself before my whole family also. I don't want my kids to grow up with the same ignorance that I had.
3. Stop procrastinating. I've noticed lately that each night there's what I called the mindless period. I sit at the computer and for lack of a better term fart around. Write down what it is that I want to accomplish each day and then do it. I don't want to call it a to do list, but that's basically what it is.
4. Continue on my healthy path. One of the most important lessons that I've learned from this journey is that food is not the celebration, the people are. As hard as it is for me, I not only want but need to get my mind around the idea that celebrations should not be food centric. That coupled with the idea that food isn't going to make me feel any better no matter what the emotion I think will be key in my route to healthy living.
No comments:
Post a Comment