I call today step one, not day one. I do that for the simple reason of it comes from one of my favorite quotes. A journey of 1000 miles begins with a single step. The truth of the matter is that I've already begun this journey. Since I began juicing last summer I truly have transformed my life. The challenge now is to continue it. Fell off the wagon a bit during the holidays, but now on January 1, I'm on my way to go for a treadmill run on this snow covered morning. Not really looking forward to the treadmill, since I get bored, but looking forward to the run.
Post-run update stats: 2.37 miles in 30 minutes (with 1 bathroom break). Feel sweaty and great. As I leave the gym, the pool is covered with shimmering ice. The irony is, that's my inspiration: to not be embarrassed in a bathing suit. Well, that's one motivation. In reality, there are many motivations. The primary one is to be a role model for my children. I've often said over the past few months,"I'd love it if Riley doesn't ever remember me being fat." My husband and I have shared that being healthy examples for our kids is one of the best gifts we can give them. And for me, it's my goal for the next 2 months. Not doing so hot on the water today, but I'll get there. With as far as I've come, I truly believe those words now. I'm not pinning my weight to a date, I'm pinning it on a lifetime. Meaning, I'll get there and stay there for life. I may not get there by a certain date on the calendar, I may slip and fall, but I will get there.
No comments:
Post a Comment