Oops!
It seems like this (like many of my projects) has fallen by the wayside. R is now almost 9 months old and B is 6. The days are long, but the years are short as Gretchen Rubin says...
So I've decided to take on another undertaking. A Happiness Project. I've read Gretchen Rubin's book the happiness Project and I'm currently reading her follow-up, happiness at home. I feel as if over these past 10 years with my husband, I've grown in many ways. But I still have this longing to continue to grow and become the best person I can become. I've always tried to live my life with the attitude of one not busy growing is busy dying. I know the original saying is one not busy living is dying, but living to me is learning. So my goal in this endeavor is to learn how to be better.
How do I plan to attack this project? Well, unlike Ms. Rubin, I will tackle my goals 2 months at a time. Each 2 month period I will focus on one topic with several mini-goals built in. Over-arching these goals are 2 topics as well: focus and reading. Each month I will focus on the task at hand (focus has always been difficult for me). I will also resolve to read for 20 minutes each day as it brings me great joy. The breakdown I've come up with is as follows:
Health
Order and organization
Patience
Gratitude an service
Single-mindedness (focus)
Be prepared
I've broken them down further with mini goals:
Health
Exercise five times a week
Continue to run
Get a physical
Get a skin exam
Drink for large bottles of water a day
Find and make healthy recipes
Order an Organization
Do it now (put it away)
Get rid of junk
Memory organization (kids and pics)
Patience
Think first
Take a breath
You don't always need to be right
They're just kids
Gratitude and Service
Find a monthly service project
Inspire my kids and students to appreciate life and all they have by being an example of that
Show thanks through action
Single-mindedness
Stop multi-tasking
Stop thinking ahead so much
It can't all be done and perfect
Be Prepared
Set aside dedicated LP time
Each Sunday night , complete a WIA (week in advance) for each family member
Cook ahead/plan weekly menus
These goals are a starting point after reflecting on what gives me joy versus what brings me guilt, anger or boredom. But more on that next time.
No comments:
Post a Comment