I think one of the most incredible parts of this journey is looking back and seeing how much I've learned and grown. In the past, "falling off the wagon" at the holidays would have sent me into a terrible mood and downward spiral. Instead, this year I've gotten back up, realized, hey it's not that bad (only gained 4 pounds) and got right back on track. Ran New Year's Day, Zumba last night and scheduled a run this morning, but I was up late writing lesson plans last night. But re-scheduled for tomorrow and will be right back at it! The positive attitude has made all the difference. And the key to remember is this -- that is a choice. We can choose to be negative, dismal and angry with life or we can choose happiness, joy and to be positive. I was reading about the author Anne Lamott the other day. She has written a book I'd like to read called, Help, Thanks, Wow: The Three Essential Prayers. I've gotten into the habit of ending each day with those prayers. So here's mine from yesterday:
Wow - the beautiful sunset with the single beam shooting straight up (hard to describe, but trust me it was beautiful!)
Thanks - that my car tire is still working!
Help - the students of Sandy Hook who go back to classes today find peace, joy and love in their lives
They don't all need to be deep thought (see Thanks!), but remind me of my blessings and how I can help others through prayer.
Here's to a Wow, Thanks, Help kind of day!
No comments:
Post a Comment