Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Strength

Did you ever have one of those days?  If I was at a computer and typing this I would've absolutely underlined and bolded and italicize the word "those".  Both yesterday and today have been those kind of days for me.  Feeling devalued, demoralized, and just as if what's the point.  If it could've gone wrong these past two days, it has.
Then I got to thinking of one of my students who has a really bad attitude.  As I discussed his attitude with him this morning, all I can think of is that our school hasn't fallen down on top of us literally.  Although full of troubles this week, the physical structure of my school is still standing.  Sadly, the same cannot be said for all schools around our country.  Reflecting on that got me to thinking about strength.  The way I look at it, just like my school, I am still standing.  In the past, I would've used these bad days as a excuse to eat anything and everything in sight.  I would've fallen off the proverbial wagon and felt like garbage about myself.  But then I remember that I'm strong.  I'm no triathlete or Ironman, but I'm a lot further along than I once was.  Even in personal matters, I'm not backing down scared like I used to.  I may have figurative tornadoes swirling all around me, but because I'm strong, I'm still standing.

No comments:

Post a Comment