Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Confidence

It's amazing what a boost of confidence can do for you. Tonight, I went to a special outdoor Zumba event that my gym was holding.   My usual Zumba gear is some type of sweatpants or capris and one of my oversize T-shirts. There seem to be a lot of those this I've lost weight!  Tonight I decided to challenge myself and wear a pair of the running shorts that my husband got me for Mother's Day. By my standards, they're really short.  I guess I think that because I feel incredibly self-conscious. I feel like every bit of fat is falling out of them and that people are looking, staring and judging.  But then I got to thinking. I've worked hard for this body. It may not be perfect. I don't know if it ever will be. But I'm proud of how far come. Let them stare. Let them judge. But I know how strong these legs in the shorts are.  These are the legs that ran 2.25 miles this morning.  They've run in 2 official 5K races and many practice ones. They've climbed hills.  They've more than once wanted to give out on me. But they never have. More importantly I never have.  So here's all us girls scared to wear shorts. Forget what everybody else is thinking and show off those legs because they carried you to where you are right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment