So this will be a quick one since its prime-time for kiddo meltdown, but I wanted to get this down so it might help others the way it helped me.
I went for a run today. First, let me define that my "runs" at this point are still walking and running together. But I digress....
As I began the first of my running parts, I was passed by a runner going in the opposite direction on her phone (as I was sucking for air) and another runner who just glided by running at a much better pace than I was running. After these two, I happened to pass a mother and daughter walking. I joked to them that the other two runners were in much better shape than me. But the mother said, "But you're here". Those three words echoed in my head throughout the run. Yes. I was there. I chose to run instead of doing something else. I was exercising. I was choosing correctly. That's half our battle sometimes, isn't it? Just making the right choice. So the next time you're anguishing over exercising, remember that half the battle is just showing up.
No comments:
Post a Comment