This originally began as a blog about juicing. But now I feel that it's getting ready to change gears something much more. This is going to be a chronicle of the transformation I'm making in my life. Sounds lofty and grand doesn't it?
Well, it should! Changing your ways isn't easy! And I want to feel that sense of reaching the mountain-top when I've hit my goals.
So, here's at it:
December 16, 2012 - Running my first 5k. Depending on the day will tell you what kind of answer you'll get to how I feel about it -- some days I'm totally psyched and pumped. Other days I wonder how I'll ever do it and will I be able to run the whole thing.
Beyond that, I want to R.U.N.
Hence the title of this post...
So, why? No ones chasing me and I'm not a hamster on a wheel.
1.) Because I feel good, no GREAT after
2.) Because I feel fit
3.) Because I want to keep up with my kids now and as they get older
4.) Because I want to look like a runner (see here to see what I mean)
5.) Because it gives me energy
6.) Because it inspires me to keep moving
7.) Because I'm proud of myself, who said she wasn't a runner, because now I am
8.) Because it helps me clear my head
9.) Because its good for me
10.) Because I can push myself harder than I thought I could
But what about my other goals? Well, I'm having a hard time getting those specifically defined. Yes, I have a goal weight range in mind, but what else? Its not just numbers right? So in some vague terms, here are the goals:
Live between 130 and 140 pounds
Run a 5K in 35 minutes (no idea how that compares to others, but for me, a 11+ minute mile sounds pretty good)
Get "guns" (arms I mean)
Complete a Warrior Dash
Be a role model of health for my kids and others
So, there it is. As I look at it, it seems a short list. But do-able. I can do it and will.
No comments:
Post a Comment