Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Mid to end summer

So summer began well. Kept on it and got down to 151-ish. Things were good. Then they weren't. And I feel like getting it down here will help me get out of this funk. It was as if one bad choice led to another. So much so that a week ago I skipped Zumba because I didn't feel good. Not physically mind you; mentally. I've been bingeing on crap which makes me feel like crap which I shouldn't because I'm having a great summer so I get mad that I getting down which only gets me more down which makes me eat more and so the cycle goes. Whew. Just typing it makes me feel silly and selfish. I'm in the sauna now at the gym (probably not good for the phone?) after a Zumba class and some weights. And I feel good. I feel like I'm sweating out the crap. Haven't gotten on a scale and don't plan on it for a while. Don't want to let a number get me mad or be the sole cause of my happiness. I want my health to be the goal here. That temporary feeling from the pudding or muffin doesn't compare to how my body feels when it's healthy. So my abs may not be any better than the beginning of summer picture, but I'm working on it. Before I start back at school again (my 11th year teaching -- yikes!), I will make a plan tha will include: running, weights, Zumba and core work.  My Christmas gift to myself this year will be a health new me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment